Saturday, July 28, 2007

everyone leaves-all the time

They say the army is an ever changing machine. Its true and this past week has been one big reminder of it. I have said goodbye to three great people this week. Monday I said good bye to Adam Free. SPC Free was our medic is second platoon. He and his waif Cassi were both good friends to Shannon and I. Cassi is heading home and Adam is going to Germany and hopefully make the change from enlisted medic to warrant officer pilot soon. Wed I said goodbye to Lammers the Shammers. SPC Lammers was a driver for 2nd platoon and made everything enjoyable. We use to burn everything wee could find in the burn barrel behind our hooches. I also has to say goodbye to Ray Helvig. SSG Helvig was my first every team leader. He was always a role model for my military life. He taught me a lot and much of his teaching methods and equipment standards I use and teach to my new guys. Sgt Halfmann and Spc Free doing some target practice
I even had to say goodbye to the creepy Romanian Santa
Theres only 4 left from the 2nd platoon 1st squad from Afghanistan; soon to be only 2. From left, Sgt Ressler (recruiter orders) Sgt Dunbar (ETSed) SSG Hedgepath (recruiter orders) SPC Chaput (?) Sgt Cunnin (staying put) PFC Anderson (HHC) SPC Johnson (ETS)


Every ones leaving, BYE BYE EVERYONE!

1 comment:

Mammy said...

This is a long time coming, but I didn't know how to post comments. Now I do! Yeah! Thanks for sharing your life, Bud. It's always hard to say good-bye, especially to good friends. My heart goes out to you.