Saturday, July 7, 2007

Stinker


The past few months I have been struggling to get myself into the SAPPER course, which has been a goal of mine since I first got to the 37th. If you didn't already know being a Sapper in the engineer world is equivalent to being a Ranger in the infantry world. My unit has limited slots for the next school, only 6 openings for a Battalion of 400 plus. And as of last Friday I was told they will only be alloying guy in need of no train-up will be considered, meaning-not me. So this has bummed me out. The best time to get a slot for SAPPER School is immediately after a deployment. So this has shrunk my likelihood for becoming a Sapper anytime soon to the size of an ant brain.
As a back up plan I have submitted a packet for the WLC (Warrior Leader Course). This course will teach me valuable skills I'll use as a NCO (Non Commissioned Officer). I'll be happy as long as i still get at least one school under my belt.
On the plus side I know I'll be at Nic and Jen's wedding and that is awesome like a opossum.

3 comments:

Nic said...

Sorry to here about SAPPER school. But a least now you get to dress up in an uncomfortable tux for my wedding!!! Seriously I'm so glad you can come!

A&ABurkey said...

Hey...thanks for calling me about this. Remember I was going to buy a plane ticket to visit you. WHatever?!

Kate said...

Okay, so, i 've looked at this post a few times now & this is the first time it seemed slightly unusual for you to be posing with your dog's pooper. I'm disturbed that it didn't even click with me for days that this might be gross. I just thought, "Hey, there's Sam." That is all.

Bye bye.